Unless you try to exploit a vulnerability yourself, no reading will give you the required know-how to fully understand the impact and look for and avoid such weaknesses in your applications.
To become a better professional, you should have a great understanding of the most critical web application security risks. This is mandatory for IT students, job seekers, software developers, testers, and application managers.
The OWASP Top 10 “is a standard awareness document for developers and web application security. It represents a broad consensus about the most critical security risks to web applications”.
This course follows a hands-on approach: you’ll exploit at least ten vulnerabilities in a deliberately vulnerable web application. In each session, we will review and briefly discuss a single OWASP Top 10 risk, and then you’ll be guided to search and exploit that weakness in the target application. Since you’ll have access to the web application source code, you’ll be able to spot the vulnerable source code and fix it.
After completing this course, you’ll be comfortable to answer security-related questions in your next job interview or bring security into your organization and into the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
What You Will Learn
- How to use the OWASP Top 10 to ensure your applications minimize the security risks in the list
- How Web Applications are built and delivered on top of the HTTP protocol
- Threat agents, attack vectors, and impact of the ten most critical web application security risks
- Identify and mitigate the ten most critical security risks by reviewing vulnerable source code
- Common exploitation techniques used to test software security
Duration: 4 Hours