Passwords have become the top authentication factor in today’s world. You use it in combination with an email or username to sign into almost any service. Big Corporations like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and Facebook still widely use passwords as an authentication mechanism today. But how secure are passwords?
This course focuses on the practical attacks that malicious users use to crack passwords, how you can use this attack in a penetration test, and how you can prevent them.
We will very briefly cover the basics of cryptography, hashing and entropy and then immediately go on to crack different types of passwords using different methodologies.
What You Will Learn
- Setting up a small environment for security testing
- Bypass passwords using Brute Force Attacks, Dictionary Attacks, Rainbow table attacks and keyloggers
- Use different tools to perform password attacks
- Prevent Brute Force Attacks, Dictionary Attacks, Rainbow table attacks and sniffing via keyloggers
- Create strong passwords that you will never forget
- Tools to help you prevent password attacks and/or create a strong password
Duration: 4 Hours